Monday, May 21, 2012

N 3 : My Blogger's Name


I choose “S of the Shan Hills “to be used as my blogger’s name. When thinking about choosing pen name we always think something concerning our birthplace. (Not in the western world where people use only their real names).

I was born and raised in the Shan Hills. There was one famous Englishman who gave himself the name “Scott of the Shan Hills.” Anybody can look about him in the internet. I think he came to love the Shan Hills and so he took that name even if he was English.
So, I think, I who was born and bred in the Shan States can also take that name. Though my ‘S’ is the same as Scott’s initial I don’t think about copying his name. ‘S ‘is only ‘S’ and I don’t want to be compared and can’t be to the great Mr. J G Scott.

No comments:

Post a Comment