Monday, February 11, 2013

Continuation of   Books I Translated  1

Her son and daughter had seen it with their eyes only this year. While visiting Taunggyi this summer they came to know that I had translated their mother’s book and came to visit me at my house. I think they are pleased because their mother’s book has become alive again for it’s being translated into Burmese and    not forgotten at all. But they are much surprised to hear that the number published was only 1000 as the condition here  really is. The  number of book readers has dwindled and there are not many people who read books now. It is a disadvantage. However  there are much interest between Taunggyi people on the book.
I had said earlier that I translated that book  12 years  earlier. After I done it I apply to the Government to get permission to produce it . I think one staff ( a woman ) was assigned to read and give permission. After 2 or 3 months ( that is the average time it usually takes ) I got the answer that it cannot be permitted as there are Sawbwas  and so and so. I remember only about the Sawbwas. I took it that as I am not a famous author that I was denied to produce it . Even Lords of the Sunset which is all about Sawbwas  and translated by Kyaw Aung  can be done so.So even if I do some translations it is not easy to see them in printed words.
So I stay idle without doing anything. But in 2009 I want to do again and start doing The Silk Road. I produced it myself because I know it will be hard to find a producer for a not famous pen name like me.
In 2011   I produced this Quiet Skies on Salween after applying for permission the 2nd time and also  Half the Sky. In 2012 Dolphin Sunrise.  Ban Ki Moon will be produced shortly. I don’t expect profits and it is fortunate if I get back the money I invest on them . It is only for my satisfaction and happiness and they will be left as a landmark of my life. It is like achieving something that will benefit people  and  better than doing nothing and not leaving anything behind you.
It is a regret for me  that my 1st book was barred from printing . Otherwise how many books would I have done until now. Whether good or bad they may have exceed ten books by now.


No comments:

Post a Comment